- I see. Youre out. Its like whist but its cooler, with tutorials like chess and
very serious contests. I bumped into my fathers books some ragged booklets and I
started to study. If its so widespread, how could it miss on the Internet? So I went to
Yahoo and I found what I needed: Yahoo Games. Among others, one can play interactive
bridge. You choose a name, you log on with a password and youre in. Honestly, its a
- What do you mean by playing
interactive? Look! Im logging on
dont look at the password
choose "Advanced Lounge"... Isnt it too much for you? No way. I met a lot of
suckers asking me whats Gerber
- Whats that?
- Ill tell you later. Look, here they are presenting all the tables; its a
"Join" sign where I can enter to play. I click and
Im in. So
So, its 1NT, that means I click this command
the bid started. You see, here I can
choose the mug I prefer and Ive chosen this round one.
- Its likely
- Hey you, watch out how you address the normal people. I play. So 3NT. Lets see. Good
attack. I pick a card from the dead.
- But how do you play?
- Its simple. The opening windows are Java applets; theres a fine book about Java
just published by Computer Press Agora, yea, "Java Language A Pragmatic
Perspective" by Professor Irina Atanasiu, go and study. We also have messages; you
bid and play with the mouse. Here is "help", here is "last trick" and
- What is "boot" for? For your PC?
- You, butt head! Its for the one who leads the game so that he can expel one player in
case of a freeze. Buzz off, Ive got to concentrate
look, its freezing. Youre
bad luck to me.
- But how can we learn bridge?
- Here: exercises for the beginners.
- Yea. Here you have a quiz, for instance. You have a hand and you have to bid in various
situations. Here are the exercises for the flank and here are for declarer
- Cool. What does you old men say, aint he playing too?
- Shut your mouth or the hell with you! I want to show him at his birthday what Ive
came up with. Its a surprise!
- Just wait and see the surprise he will receive with the phone bill!
- Get ooooooooouuuuut!